Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Care to make a wager?

Here is what you can make bets on:
  • Joey's Arrival Date
  • Weight & Height
  • Jack's Reaction to the New Guy
  • Who cries the most: Andy, me or Jack
Information you might like to know to make your decisions:

Joey's due official due date is March 7. I am trying to send him strong mommy-voice commands to come earlier since I am SO BORED of being pregnant. I would much rather be uncomfortable and not sleeping because I'm snuggling a newborn rather than having to pee and because I am carrying an extra 30 pound belly bulb.

Jack came two days before his due date. Lizzie had just finished a reflexology class and I asked her to rub the pressure points that are supposed to induce labor. I don't know what you think about pressure points, but that night labor started... you best believe that I will employ her skills again when I am truly at my wits end.

Jack was 7lbs 12oz and 19 inches when he was born.

When Jack was born I didn't cry (until they told us we had to stay at the hospital for an extra few hours) but Andy did. You know the cute, teary eyes. No messy sobbing for this family.

And to make your conclusions about Jack's reaction, I should show you how Jack reacted to his baby doll:




A side note:
A question really,
does anyone know why
my pictures are suddenly
coming out so grainy?
I have a simple point and shoot
that has served me well,
but my last attempts to capture
sweet moments have resulted in
these fuzzy images.
Ideas?

There are no prizes available, but if you are the winner, you will know and I will know and you can live with pride knowing that you are a really good guesser! Yay!

So, place your bets!

3 comments:

Ellery said...

I predict that Joey will arrive on March 4th, the only day of the year that is a command. I predict he will be 7 lbs. 9 oz and 21 inches long. Andy will display a manly glisten in his eye and Emily will not cry. Jack will adore his new brother and will also hit him repeatedly.

And could Jack BE any cuter with his baby doll?

Allison said...

Joey will arrive on March 10th (sorry Emily). That is my birthday and we can celebrate together. He will be 7 lbs and 14 oz and 20.5 inches long. Emily will shed a tear but then laugh when Jack does a happy dance when he first sees his little brother.

onebzybe said...

I predict that Joey will be on time, March 7th. I also think he will be 8 lbs even. Andy will display the same reaction at the blessings in his life... those glistening tears of joy. Jack will love his brother... smile lots... ask endless questions... and when you aren't looking, try to pick him up repeatedly! He will also demand more of your attention, just at the moment you really need just a few more minutes...
Blessings to you Emily, Andy and Jack!