Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby Blues

I made a very important discovery this evening.

The intense color of purred butternut squash really brings out the blue of Jack's eyes.

That's it.  That's all I've got today.

But since we're talking about Jack's eating habits, I might as well innumerate on his growing menu options.  He now eats: green beans, peas, broccoli (only once - it made him really tooty and uncomfortable), sweet potatoes and butternut squash.  

The next foods to try are: avocado and carrots.  After those I think we'll try some fruit!

For a while the sweet potatoes were his favorite, but he tried peas the other day and seemed pretty amazed by them.  They might be his new vegetable of choice, I'll keep you posted.

So far I've been making all of his food.  I have to tell you, it is so, SO simple and makes me feel really...fancy. I really, truly am considering selling it to moms who wish they gave their baby homemade food, but for whatever reason can't.  So if you know a mom, or are a mom, who wants some, let me know.  I'll just whip up a double batch!

Okay, I told you.  Matching food colors to Jack's eyes is the best I've got for tonight.  Thanks for indulging me. 

No comments: