Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's About Time!

It has been a long time friends.

For that, I apologize.

I don't know where time went.

One day I was filled with energy and witty and/or charming and/or simple commentary about my life. The next day, or 18 days, I'm silent. Mute. Sure I've had a brief glimpse of a cleverly constructed sentence, but when I sit down to try and compose a thought, nothing comes.

The words don't look right together. The thoughts aren't clear. My brain has used up all of its energy on the mundane of each day and there has been nothing left for the creative parts of me.

Oh dear.

How does one go about fixing that?

Any suggestions?

Because, truly, I do love writing in this dear little blog, but sometimes, like those times when I'm:
  • chasing a toddler
  • trying to figure out an effective discipline strategy to discourage hitting
  • growing a baby
  • keeping the house in some sense of order
  • coordinating a retreat for 15 women
  • delivering dinner to brand new mommies
  • beginning and ending a love-hate relationship with the Twilight series
the last thing I feel is inspired, creative or entertaining.

So bear with me. I'll find a groove. I'll get a fan in my living room so it isn't so hot that I'm immobilized, I'll turn off HGTV, I'll put down the novels - or at least read them in smaller doses each day (a 500 page book in two days is a bit ridiculous) and I'll woo you once again with tender tales of motherhood and the fancy life.

And, in case you missed it, yes, I am pregnant.

SQEEEE!

4 comments:

hootenannie said...

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, sweet friend!!! No wonder you've been MIA. :)

Terrianne said...

Emily...congratulations, most importantly on your new little one to come, and secondly on your fine taste in reading material. For what it's worth, I read the first three books in less than a week, but then I don't have a toddler. Then I had to WAIT for Book IV. Enjoy!

emily ruth said...

hooray!
congratulations!

:)

Sarah said...

Oh Emily! I'm so excited for you! I haven't been online as much recently but every time I do I would check your blog and was disappointed. So I was really excited to you that you had posted and started reading at the top (the blog about you coming home) and was thinking from your comments that you sounded like you could be pregnant and then I got to this blog and you are!!! I'm so happy for you! Big hugs from me!