My post yesterday was very snooty. I don't like it when I'm snooty.
I try really hard in my real life to be approachable and kind and somehow my words just ran away with me.
I never want to think that my way is the best way and other people are silly. Well, maybe I'll think they are silly, but I don't want to say it out loud or broadcast that opinion to anyone who will listen (read).
Please forgive me.
Maybe I need to flex my celebrating muscle a little more and embrace the lovely aspects of birthday parties.
I much prefer to think of myself as sweet and whimsical instead of sassy and sarcastic. So let's move on from my soap-box tirades, shall we.
Let me tell of the simple pleasures of today:
- Jack feel asleep on my chest this evening. I know it is better to let him put himself to sleep in his crib, but I just eat it up when he snuggles into my neck.
- I have white tulips all over my house.
- Andy brought home Thai food so I didn't have to cook.
- I ate two giant brownies.
- I wore my red heels out of the house, finally.
- New friendships are growing in my life.
- New ministry opportunities have presented themselves and I'm walking into them with Holy Spirit courage.
- Andy and I watched a movie on Monday and he cried! I know it is terrible, but I really like it when he gets emotional. His tender side is just so... tender!
- I used a new shampoo and my hair is extra soft.
- I spent all day with this lovely boy and his funny faces: